Bienvenidos to “PostCardFromMexico”

My name is Clark and I live in a very fascinating world called Mexico.
It seems that almost every day brings me new adventures and experiences far different than my life in Omaha, Nebraska.
Please join me as I explore my new home from the streets of Guadalajara to the back roads of Michoacan.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Original Introduction - Bienvenidos “Postcard From Mexico”

Bienvenidos to my blog “Postcard From Mexico”

It’s not that I feel my life is that interesting; It’s just that I live in a very interesting world.


Shortly after moving to Mexico I began to find that everyday brought new adventures, sometimes challenges depending on your outlook. Adventures from having the car chased down by a guard ostrich to getting a cell phone – it’s a whole different world from what I was used to in Omaha, Nebraska.

In keeping touch with folks I found that I was sharing many of these adventures and people were looking forward to hearing more about this new world of mine. My Sincere Thanks to all for the feedback and encouragement to write this blog.

At the start of this project I investigated a lot of what the web had to offer for blogs on Mexico.

The majority of the blogs seem to be News related – in the beginning this will be left to the professionals – unless of course I am the news.

There are many blogs on Food – we eat eggs right from the chicken and drink milk warm from the cow, having been in the food business there will be much to share on the food.

There is any number of Travel blogs – one did nothing but complain about the weather. I will try harder. To be honest there is so much to experience when you get out and see the country and get away from the typical tourist areas. So there will be no reviews about the odious Senor Frogs in Puerto Vallarta but there will be stories like waking up on my 48th birthday in the beautiful mountain town of Talpa situated deep down in the valley.

And finally there are the “How To” blogs with information on how to live, get a drivers license, get a visa etc…. – Honestly would you want advice from me??? I drove here, 1,800 miles in my 1991 Ford Bronco and after being here for almost two months I still don’t speak Spanish and I have no official papers. The best advice I can give you goes for life in general, be patient, relax and enjoy the moments.

So I hope you enjoy what this interesting world of Mexico has to offer. Comments are encouraged and questions will be answered if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment